Web 2.0 Tools -Prezi

WEB 2.0

We have been exploring new ways of reflecting on and presenting our learning. Part of this process allowed us to explore the Web 2.0 Platform ‘Prezi’.

On your own blog, embed your completed Prezi and answer the following reflective questions:

How does this platform change the way I can present my work to others?

Is this a more effective type of presentation? Why or why not?

How does this improve the way you learn?

PUT your comment on YOUR blog AND cut and paste it on to  my blog as well as a response to my post.

16 thoughts on “Web 2.0 Tools -Prezi

1. How does this platform change the way I can present my work to others?
    -It is different and a interesting way to present my work.
    -Yes because im sick and tired of watching powerpoints and that but this is something new!
    -This improves your learning because we a learning how to use a new web2tool.

2. How does this platform change the way I can present my work to others?
    I can now use a more informative and interesting way to present.

Yes because it is more interesting.

Because I now know how to use Prezi.

3. Hi John-Robert,
    I really like your Prezi. The way that you layed everything out was very good. I like the way you put some information inside the pictures. Maybe next time make sure your writing doesn’t overlap.
    Elena 😉

4. We have been recently learning about how to make an effective scattergram and my partner Chanlyn and I, have been working together to make a Prezi about our topic, cheetahs. The first thing we did was we planned on a big piece of paper what the prezi might look like and all the pictures and videos it would have on our Prezi. Next we went on the computer and made our account and then got started. It was fun exploring all the features and possibilities there were in the program.

By Maddy O and Chanlyn

5. Is this a more effective type of presentation? Why, why not?

I definitely think this is a much more effective way to present since there are so many more fun, creative tools than other presentation creators like Microsoft Power Point, or just simply making a poster. All of the tools on Prezi are very easy to use, and make your presentation look very professional and complicated, but when you actually make a Prezi it’s very easy. I highly recommend this site for making your presentations for school projects, or even when presenting at a job interview.

This improves the way I can read information and I guess get a clearer picture of what the person presenting is trying to say. Being able to hide information and pictures are also very intriguing and surprising ways to lay out your information. The main thing that helps with my learning is how you can make a path for your presentation, showing different sections of your information to make it clearer and more understandable.

6. I forgot the first question sorry:

How does this platform change the way I present my work to others?

Well I find this platform really interesting and fun to use. I think it really helps with the quality of the presentation because of the different actions and transitions you can choose, that make it look really cool. It’s also easy to hide your information in letters or certain areas of the background. Personally, I think that the most useful tool on Prezi is the ‘path’ tool which allows you to choose the order your information is shown.

7. Prezi

Prezi is an interactive presentation site that lets you interact while you present. Pros and Cons List:

Pros

Prezi interacts with you while your presenting

You can add pictures and vidoes.

You can put text in pictures

You can edit your path

You can watch your presentation at any time

Cons

The path while editing is confusing

To add text is annoying

8. Prezi

Pros

You can add pictures and vidoes.

You can put text in pictures

You can edit your path

Cons

The path while editing is confusing

To add text is hard
    🙂 😀 😉

9. Samuel: we have made a presentation on a web 2 website called prezi. The topic was cheetahs. We gave info on cheetahs like habitats and their body and abilities.we also put in a YouTube clip about them.
    It was a bit challenging to learn all the controls but it was fun.

Jordan: We created a presentation on a web2tool site called prezi. Our topic was on Cheetahs. We created 4-5 captions of information and we put 3 pictures and 1 YouTube video. In the end, we had created a pretty good prezi in my opinion.

10. How does this platform change the way I can present my work to others?
    it changes the way i present to others because i dont need to talk to others while im presenting like in a powerpoint we have to explain what is going on but with this we can just press play and it plays and you dont need to explain.

yes because it’s new and easy to use and it looks cool because you have affects that you use like the screen spinning and poeple get exited to see what it going to happen next.

well it does improve our learning for future learning so we know how to use a new tool to present our learning.

11. Prezi has changed the way i present my work by letting me put my work into groups and different sections. That would make it easier for me to talk about my topic when i have an oral presentaion.
    I guess this is more effective because its different from a powerpoint and your audience would be more interested.
    This improves me to learn because it makes me relfect on my topic and how im going to group my topic. It makes me understand and think about my topic and how one thing goes together with the other.

12. I think the platform changes the way I show my learning as in looks much more effective instead of using a boring old Microsoft Presentation.

It is more effective because you can present in in a really cool way and add YouTube clips to the prezi.

It improves the way I learn because I am a visual learner so I like to see the learning there but since I have gotten used to Microsoft Presentation, it makes prezi way more fun.

We also struggled through difficulties including accidentaly deleting our prezi. It was fortunate that we knew all our information otherwise we wouldn’t have finished our prezi. ♪♫♪

13. -How does this platform change the way I can present my work to others?
    This can can change the way I present my work o others by showing a different type of powerpoint and it keeps your attention.

This is more effective because your audience will be more interested in your presentation because its different from a powerpoint.

It helps me to learn by making me reflect on my topic so that i undertsand it more and it forces me to think about the groups that i put my topic in.

14. This week we have been using Web 2 tools. Recently we used Prezi for presentations. The whole class had to make one in partners about cheetahs. My partner was Kristine, I thought I was really lucky to have Kristine as my partner because she already knew a lot of cool stratergies for Prezi.

This platform helps the way we learn because we get to express our learning on an awesome presentation website. I think Prezi is a really good way to make presentations because it is really detailed and cool. It changes the way we present to others because it has heaps of interesting & inspiring stuff. We learnt a lot about cheetahs and I really enjoyed it! Hope you learn some facts from our Prezi below. 🙂